2016 Finish-Along - Q1

In keeping with the purging, finishing and tidying urges I wrote about last time, I've decided to participate in the 2016 Finish-Along and get some WIPs completed. There are lots of hosts this year, but I first read about it at Elven Garden Quilts so head on over and have a read if you're not sure what it's about.

My Quarter One goals are as follows:

Etchings 'Spot On' Quilt 

I'm about half done with the quilting. I need to decide on what I'm going to quilt in the borders, sashing and spots. The binding is cut out ready to go. 



ZigZag Love in Black and White

This mini just needs binding. It is actually quilted and trimmed, but it's too dim for photos today.



That's it for the first quarter. I will be working on other things I'm sure, but these are a couple that I have been wanting to get done for ages and need the extra motivation to finish. So, by the time March is over I'll (hopefully) have these two projects finished and in use. Much better than having them sitting in a cupboard!

Wish me luck... ;)

Hope x

Comments

  1. Good plan! I too have tried to focus on projects I really want finished and wish you luck with finishing yours. That mini is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good luck on finishing yours too. :)

      Delete
  2. Your quilts are so pretty. I love the quilting around the circles. And I am captivated by your zig zag hearts quilt. I need to make one or more of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've had fun doing the quilting so far but really can't decide what to do in the border. The heart quilt is fun to make - or I think it is, anyway. I hope you do give it a go :)

      Delete
  3. I'm thinking the deadlines set by the FAL could be the incentive needed to get some of my UFOs finished too. The feathers you've already quilted look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison. I'm finding feathers very fun to quilt. Maybe I should do some in the border... but I wonder if that would be too much. Decisions, decisions... :) Do you have many UFOs to finish?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate you taking the time to say hello. I'll get back to you by email when you leave an address, otherwise, check back here for a response. Thanks!

Popular Posts