Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt - Flower Pot

I'm back again with another Farmer's Wife Sampler block. This spotty block is called Flower Pot. Even with the inset or 'Y' seams, it was a simple and enjoyable block to make and came together quickly. If you're intimidated by inset seams, don't be - they're really not that difficult if you can sew an accurate quarter inch seam and are careful with your sewing.


I used the templates (they come on disk with the book) for the flower pieces and a couple of the triangles, and my 45/90 degree ruler for the rest of the triangles. In 'real life' there is a bit more contrast between the white and yellow, but I've been having trouble getting the yellow to show up properly in photos - or maybe it's just my screen?

Bye for now

Hope x


Comments

Popular Posts