Farmer's Wife Sampler - Peace and Plenty

I have another Farmer's Wife Sampler block completed, and don't have many to go! This one is called Peace and Plenty:


I changed the cutting and construction a little from the book, which used all half-square triangles to make up the block. My way uses less seams, makes less cutting, and worked quite nicely. Most blocks can be put together in a number of ways - one of the many fun aspects of patchwork. :)

If you're popping in regularly to see my Farmer's Wife blocks, you may have noticed this one is photographed on a different background. This is the fabric I'm considering for the sashing/background in the finished quilts. What do you think?

I've tried it with a few different blocks and it works well. I am yet to calculate whether or not I have enough of it though. A job for another day.

Bye for now x

Comments

Popular Posts